Summer is almost here and I am sure you saw the espadrilles back in stores. A couple of years ago it really surprised me to start seeing the espadrilles everywhere because believe it or not, this specific type of shoe comes from Spain and the Basque Country of France, where I was born and spent my childhood. Growing up, the espadrilles were my flip flop, buying a couple every year in different colors.
Well, now that is worldwide thanks to Yves Saint Laurent who made the first fashionable espadrilles in the 70’s and Chanel who made it an “it shoe” again a couple of years ago, you can definitely now find very stylish espadrilles at different price points.
Here is my little selection for you!
What ‘s your favorite?
Have you ever bought a piece of clothing that you never really wore and regret your purchase? I often hear this complaint and when I am with a client I only recommend purchasing clothing that you truly love. Just liking it won’t cut it! Every piece has to have a purpose in your wardrobe.
Here are my tips to make sure you are making the right choices:
As noted above, most important question: Do you love it?
– Do you feel comfortable in it?
– Does it fit right? If not and you love it, have alterations made right away in the store if possible so you don’t have to bother later.
– Is it easy to take care of it and if not will you take care of it the proper way?
– Do you have other clothes to wear it with?
– Are you buying just because it is a brand you usually like or because it is on sale? If yes, keep the money in your wallet!