Quarantine time… It is so surreal what is currently happening that sometimes I still can’t wrap my head around it…Well, I really hope you are doing well and hanging there.
Staying at home can be hard but I believe, somehow, by just feeling a little bit more put together it can make us feel better. Self-care is also about how we look and how it makes us feel when we are really liking the outfit that we have on (you know what I am talking about, right?)
I created different boards and hope it will inspire you!
If you have any thoughts, always happy to talk so please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Oversized color block sweater – Work out Legging – Veja sneakers – Oversized striped sweater – Beige color block sweater – Jeans
Striped sweater – Wide leg pants – Khaki sweater – Zebra sweater – Rusty pants – Cashmere hoodie – Beige loafer – Black slip-on.
Color block sweater – Flecked sweater – Black legging – Grey pants – Jumpsuit – Sneakers – White sweater – Grey cardigan
September is here and the feeling of a fresh start is always reinvigorating for me. During Summer, we tend to be lazy and take everything slower…which is great but vacation mode can’t last forever. This back to school mentality gets me to clean out my pantry cabinet, my closet and create lists of things that I really want to do.
In terms of clothes, I like reassess for the change in season, to see what needs to be tossed away and what I miss in my wardrobe to give me a little extra confidence that will make me feel good about tackling September.
Wether you work for yourself or in an office you want to give your image a back to work attitude. This enabling you to be the best version of yourself at work while adding a little extra courage to tackle new challenges while looking your best.
My go to list for you would be:
- A nice blazer…that can dress up a pair of jeans in no time!
- A pointy flat or pump… it will give you this extra authority. If you worked with me, you know that I love angles and straight lines that pump up the business look.
- New haircut…Feel fresh and polished.
- A statement piece of jewelry. It can be a bracelet, necklace or a pair of earrings. Something with a “wow” factor that will make you look apart!
(Psstt… A blazer, a new pair of shoes, hair cut and a nice watch…. that’s the male go to list version 😉 )
Comfort does not have to mean we have to rule out being chic and stylish. As a stylist, I have had clients who travel extensively for their work and ask me to find them elegant travel outfits. Depending on the length of the flight you will want to wear different types of clothing. For instance, I don’t mind wearing comfortable jeans for a short flight but I’d rather be in larger pants or even wear loungewear if I have to sit for hours.
One might say that it does not matter how you look when you get on a plane but you never know… maybe you will be seated to your future clients, husband or business partner… Make the right first impression (and thank me later!)
I am sure you heard the rule, don’t wear white after labor day. Back in the day, the practical reason was that white was a good color to stay cool during summer and that labor day was the tipping point of the end of the vacation.
As for me, I think white is such a beautiful color that can be worn all year around. I really think it is very elegant and brights up a gloomy weather. So let’s get inspired ladies!
As a personal stylist, my goal is to help my clients to define their true style. During our consultation, we talk about lifestyle, fashion, go over their image goal and what will be our plan to achieve it.
Personal style is a way to develop a proper image and get it aligned with your personality. You want people to understand who you are just by looking at you.
Here is a great fun little exercice to determine what the image you want to have:
First step: Think about the future you.
- In what purpose you want to revamp your image? (new job? uninspired by your closet?dating? )
- How would you define your future style? Use specific words like urban, classic, chic, bohemian, preppy, tomboy, minimalist… to categorize it.
- What do you want people to think when seeing you? (i.e successful, sophisticated, creative, authoritative…)
Second step: Create an inspiration board to illustrate this future you.
- Open a new Pinterest board. Don’t use a current one. I would like you to have a blank page because you will want a fresh start.
- Pin about 10 pictures. Here you will want to pin pictures where you like the overall look. You don’t want to focus on the very specific details. In other words, you will not necessarily reproduce the exact outfits. The exercice is here to make you understand your personal style as a whole picture. When looking at your board you should understand your general style.
Here is an example of a Pinterest board I put together and here some looks I personally enjoy.
Third step: Compare the words you have for your future image (first step) with your inspiration board (second step).
Do you recognize your future you in the inspiration board? Is it aligned? If not, pick the images that don’t reflect the words you picked and see why in the first place you picked these particular pictures. Maybe there is a second layer of style that you need to take in consideration. You might be a mix of two styles. If so, more fun to play with!
I hope you will enjoy this little exercice! And if not, you can always contact me, I will be happy to answer any questions!
Photograph by Eileen Roche